SUNNY S. PO, M.D., PH.D.
Professor of Medicine Director
Heart Rhythm Institute
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Po is an exceptional teacher and researcher. In addition to teaching and research, Dr. Po mentors electrophysiology research fellows and is an international lecturer. He has been awarded research grants from the National Institutes of Health, American Heart Association and other industrial sponsors. Dr. Po received the Provost's Research Award for Junior Faculty in 2006 from the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
- Medical degree earned at National Taiwan University
- Residency completed at Veterans General Hospital in Taipei
- Doctorate in pharmacology earned at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.
- Residency in internal medicine fulfilled at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.
- Cardiology and electrophysiology fellowship completed at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD.
- Determinants of catheter ablation failure
- Arrhythmogenesis of pulmonary veins
- Arrhythmia/heart rhythm disorders
- Neural basis of cardiac arrhythmia
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiac Electrophysiology)