KAREN BECKMAN, M.D.
Professor of Medicine,
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Beckman is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist, a physician who cares for the electrical performance and aspects of the heart. She is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a member of the American Heart Association, Applied Research Ethics National Association and the Heart Rhythm Society.
In addition to her busy clinical practice, she serves as the chairperson of the OUHSC Institutional Review Board and the Program Director of the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship. Before coming to the University of Oklahoma, Dr. Beckman was the Director of Electrophysiology and Electrocardiography and Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Illinois, Chicago, IL.
- Medical degree earned at Northwestern University in Chicago
- Internal medicine residency completed at the University of Cincinnati
- Cardiology fellowship fulfilled at University of Illinois in Chicago
- Electrophysiology fellowship completed at Baylor University in Houston
- Investigational medications and procedures to treat arrhythmias
- Protecting patients who participate in research studies
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiac Electrophysiology)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Electrophysiology)